If you’re using the “shopping cart system that is built in to aMember Pro, you (or your customers) have likely had to scroll up and down long pages to access the sidebar navigation sections.
That is sooo yesterday! Why not have the side bar move down the page with you while you’re browsing the entire page.
Creating this effect (which is called “Sticky Sidebar” because it “sticks” to the side of the screen) is really very simple, HOWEVER…
As always, I must encourage and advise you that you should create a “Justin Case” backup of your database before making any changes, JUST IN CASE. Why? Well, because no matter how simple things may seem, there’s always a chance of making a mistake and screwing something up. Plus, my lawyers make me say that, so, once you’ve backed up your database, view the instructions below (twice) before attempting to actually do anything.
Pay close attention as this can get really tricky (JOKING).
2. Navigate to Configuration -> Appearance
3. Click on “Additional CSS”
4. Add the following into the text box that appears
5. Click the “Save” button.
That’s it. You should now be able to visit your cart and on long pages, the sidebar should now scroll with you…
If you find any of my aMember Pro tutorials or articles useful, or have any questions related to the aMember Pro system, please feel free to post a comment (below) or contact me anytime using my online help desk. I check these pages frequently and will reply as soon as I can.
Since many have asked, if you wish to thank me financially, you may do so by "paying it forward" with a donation to a very worthy cause. Alternatively, if you'll be purchasing any additional aMember Pro licenses or any of their add-on modules (plugins), please consider clicking here to purchase using my affiliate ID in which case I will earn a referral fee.
• Creating a Drip-Fed System for Your Member Area [COMING SOON]
• Manually Backing Up Your aMember Database
• Creating A "Sticky Sidebar" on aMember Cart Pages
• Self Testing A Custom Purchasing Functionality
• Display Notifications on ALL aMember Pages
• Protecting Content: Any Product vs All Registered Customers
• Receive Notifications of Illegal Admin Access Attempts
• Changing the Resource Block Search Bar Setting
• Disabling Throwaway eMail Addresses