One of the questions I am asked most frequently is “how can I make money using products with plr rights?”. And although there are dozens of answers to that one question, the best suggestion I can give anyone trying to make money with PLR is to “stick with it” through thick and thin.
Making money with PLR is like a marriage. You really have to be invested (in yourself and your skills) and you can’t just throw you hands up in despair when the going gets tough. As they always say “it’s always darkest before the dawn”. Simply put, “when the going gets tough, the tough get going”.
In all seriousness though, more times than not, people who are constantly “changing gears” from one “quick money maker” scheme to the next, tend to hurt themselves more than anything. You can’t expect to make ANY money if you’re constantly switching from one thing to the next just because it’s taking longer than you thought, or because it’s more work than you thought it would be.
Making money with PLR is extremely simple IF you’re willing to put in the time and effort. The trick is to stick with it until you find a system that works best for you. That being said, if you take nothing else from this post, at least remember this: “Winners Never Quit and Quitters Never Win!” — it’s as simple as that.
Well, as promised, here are some useful tips to help get you started with making money using PLR products…
- Create a membership site to add PLR content to. Charge a small monthly fee for continued access to ensure an on-going monthly income. If you’ve never created a membership site, for any reason whatsoever, check out my “Create a Simple Membership Site in Minutes and a Tiny Budget!” to see how easy and inexpensive it can be. After all, a membership site should be MAKING you money, not COSTING you money, right?.
- Combine multiple PLR products into a single UNIQUE product. This will make your product much more valuable, and informative, and will enable you to charge a higher fee when selling it. This can be as simple as using several related, high-quality PLR articles into a small report. You could then use the small report as a giveaway item, contest prize, an affiliate bonus or to entice visitors and followers to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Rewrite the PLR content whenever possible. Not good with words? Outsource it if you have to. Rewriting the content guarantees you’ll no longer be selling the same thing as everyone else and better yet, no one else can offer what you’re offering as it will be unique to YOU . Ensuring a freshness and uniqueness to your product allows you to sell for a higher price. You’ll literally OWN the item and it could even make you an instant authority in that niche.
- When rewriting ebooks, always be sure to include affiliates links whenever possible. Since you’ll make money when people click on those links and purchase them related products and/or services, you could simply give those ebooks away for free. This is an awesome way to get your ebook to go viral — with YOUR affiliate links attached.
- Most computers now a days (MAC’s included) come with free voice recording software. Why not record yourself reading your content aloud, thereby creating your very own podcast series. You could even hire a professional voice talent to do this for you. This is a great way to make any information more valuable.
- Turn your PLR products into a coaching product / course. By doing so, you will not only be selling a great product, but you gain instant authority which means you can charge a premium price for your product because it will now be considered a high-ticket item.
- Turn your PLR content into an email course, Giving your list professional content and interesting material to read is a great way to gain a loyal following, followers who will believe in you and trust you, to who you can then sell other products to turning your email list into a virtual ATM.
- Create a series of articles which you can offer to your mailing list on a weekly or monthly basis — as PAID content. You’ve just created another source of income. People will now pay you to join your list. Awesome, right?
- I have yet to try this suggestion myself, however, many people are killing it in this arena. Why not create webinars using the PLR content. This is a killer way to gain more influence amongst your followers and enables you to sell more products by promoting something at the end of the webinar. You can even promote affiliate products and offer special bonuses that would only be available to your webinar viewers.
- This has to be one of my favorite ways to repurpose PLR content and really is a lot easier than you may think. You could create a series of videos using almost any PLR content. If you’re camera shy, you could use Microsoft Powerpoint to create a slide show presentation and even hire a voice professional to read the content for each slide. This is a great way to make the most out of repurposing PLR, especially since videos and video course always command a higher price.
- If you’re bilingual, why not translate the PLR material into another language? Even if you’re not proficient in another language, you can easily hire someone to do it for you. This allows you to open your offerings to an entirely new market of people who could find your offerings useful.
- Another one of my favorites is to use PLR material as blog posts. This is probably also one of the easiest. All you need to do is find a good source of PLR articles, pick an article with which you are already familiar with the subject and rewrite the article for your next blog post. You can also find affiliate products related to the subject matter and use some key phrases within the article as an opportunity to link to the products. This is a great way of making money with PLR because aside from rewriting the article (which should be relatively easy since you’re already familiar with the subject) and link it to someone else’s salespage where you’ll earn a nice commission everytime some one makes a purchase.
- Using the same methodology as above, you could also use the same concept to use as email mailings. Rewrite a PLR article and use it as your next email message to your mailing list subscribers. Find a way to incorporate links to the related product you’re promoting — and be sure to add some additional bonuses to anyone who purchases the product using your affiliate link.
- Another ingenious way of using PLR to make money is to use PLR products as affiliate bonuses. This is a great way to earn more commissions and build a loyal following. It’s a proven fact that those who offer bonuses whenever promoting a product tend to make more sales — many more sales in fact.
- One of the quickest, and easiest ways of using PLR to make more money is to sell PLR products using the many different digital delivery sites such as TradeBit.com and PayLoadz.com. I’ll admit, on several occasions, I’ve been known to take the easy way out (read L-A-Z-Y) a time or two and simply re-posted a PLR product (exactly as it was sold to me — with no modifications at all) and have made sales. The nice thing about this method is that even though the number of sales is usually not enough to retire on, it’s nice to get the occasional “You’ve Made A Sale” notifications for products I’ve posted months, even years, previously. It’s like your own “Set It and Forget It” business model. Post enough items on enough sites and you could make some serious change — Cha-ching!!!
- Using the same concept at above, you could even sell the content on auction such as eBay.com and Craigslist. There are literally thousands of of people who are always looking for great products. Include resale rights and you can easily increase your opening bids and asking prices. Then, once you’ve made a sale, contact the buyer and offer to sell them the PLR rights, enabling you to make even more money.
- One of my favorite tools in my digital toolbox is a service/product called Thrive Merchant. The best part of using Thrive Merchant is the ease of use of setting up sales funnels. Using a sales funnel, you could easily take a PLR product, rewrite or modify it to make it your own and then sell the product with different licensing options — Personal Use, Resale Rights and finally PLR. Selling licenses is a great way to make A LOT MORE from one product because you’re now selling 3 different products instead of just one — and all without any extra work needed.
- Sell your new products using sites like Facebook, Twitter or any other social media site by using 3-party platforms like PayHip. Creating your own PayHip account enables you to create pages, communities, and e-stores, all without owning and/or running your own site.
- As you may, or may not, I am an avid promoter of using the power of Amazon.com via the Kindle Direct Publishing platform. In fact, I already sell dozens of puzzle books, activity books and small reports via several of my own Amazon accounts. The best part about this is the fact that once I create, upload and activate a new product, Amazon does all of the marketing and promotion for me. The TRICKY part, however, is in order to use Amazon to make money using a PLR product is that you really have to work hard at rewriting the content to ensure Amazon doesn’t suspend your account for copyright infringement. This is one of the BEST ways to make money using PLR, however, it’s not as simple as converting a word doc you purchased rights to into a PDF and posting it for sale. In the coming weeks, I will be posting many articles about using Amazon for low content products and ebooks, so, be sure to subscribe to my mailing list (right side of this page) to be kept apprised whenever new articles are posted.
The list above is just a fraction of the hundreds of ways to make money using PLR products. To make even more money using PLR, you should strive to do at least 5 of them at any given time.
If you’re not currently implementing any of the above mentioned methods, I’d highly recommend that you do everything you can to get started as soon as possible.
If you haven’t tried any of them, then I suggest you try a few of the above methods out to see how simple it really can be.
And if all else fails, be sure to remember this…
If you’re looking for some very reputable sources of high quality PLR products, I have a massive list of resources, but you’ll have to subscribe to my mailing list in order to receive the list.
Within a few days of subscribing, you’ll receive a special email which will include a link to my personal resource file which is full of places you can obtain PLR products from as well as a plethora of other useful resources such as ways to get unlimited royalty-free images, free video tutorials and dozens of useful services to help you succeed.
To subscribe to my mailing list, simply fill in the form located on the right hand side of all pages throughout this site. If you ever decide it’s not for you, you can unsubscribe at anytime using a link which will be located at the end of every email message I send out.